The University of Queensland is uniquely placed to offer small-scale urban and regional planning consultancy services.
The service is managed by planning academics with considerable planning practice experience.
Senior planning students are employed, as appropriate, to support the consultancy projects.
We deliver value for money expertise and experience, with the opportunity to promote ‘hands-on’ learning for our highest achieving students. Many UQ planning students win Planning Institute of Australia (PIA) and State Government awards for their research.
Social/community needs assessment, data analysis, social and transport research, demographic profiling, literature review
- Expert Review
Peer review of planning and policy documents, strategic advice, project assurance services, options identification and assessment
- Policy and Strategy Development
Public transport strategies, rural main street strategies
- Community and Stakeholder Engagement
Engagement program design, questionnaire design, surveying, meeting facilitation, note taking
UQ Planning Services is led by an experienced team with planning and project experience and research expertise:
- Professor Neil Sipe has experience as an economic planning consultant in the areas of land use, urban form, travel behaviour, natural resource management, disruptive transport technologies and comparative planning regulations and practice.
- Warren Rowe was Director of Planning, Environment and Transport at Gold Coast City Council for 17 years. His expertise includes transport policy, capital works programs and planning framework programs.
- Laurel Johnson’s experience includes needs assessment, community engagement, social and transport research and public transport strategy development.
- Sonia Roitman has expertise in development planning, urban sociology, housing policies, gated communities, urban segregation, social exclusion; international development and poverty alleviation.
Download the UQ Planning Services brochure (PDF, 612KB)
For further information on any of the services or expertise mentioned, contact us today.